Expressing pain through sarcasm since 2010. Welcome to the official site for bitter cripples (and those who love them). Smart Ass Cripple has been voted World's Biggest Smart Ass by J.D. Power and Associates.
Thursday, July 30, 2026
Ramps on Curbs
I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of cripples everywhere. Because you see, it’s because of us that curbs on corners all over the world now have ramps on them. This has become such a common sight that when you see a curb that doesn’t have a ramp, it really stands out,
Whenever I see a movie that is supposed to be taking place a long time ago and I see curb ramps on city streets, I know it's bullshit because there were no curb ramps much before 1970. That’s around the time when some cripples went out and did stuff like breaking up curbs with sledgehammers and such so that the curbs would have to be replaced with ramped curbs. To this day, some cripples are filing lawsuits in an attempt to get their local governments to put ramps on curbs, like law has required them to do for a long time.
That’s why you see curbs on corners all over the world that have ramps on them. But lately, whenever those annoying delivery robots are hustling down the sidewalk, if they need to cross the street they head straight for the ramp on the curb. Because they're also on wheels and if they didn’t use the ramps, they’d tumble over the edge of the curb and land face first in the street and get stuck there, like many of our crippled ancestors used to. I consider the ancestors who have taken up arms with sledgehammers and lawsuits to be visionary. But I guess even they couldn’t foresee the dystopian world for which their actions might be paving the way. I guess even they couldn’t have imagined such terrifying unintended consequences. But even if they had thought about it, I’m sure glad that they decided to go ahead and do it anyway for the sake of the cripples of the future.
I just hope that those delivery robots realize that without us there would be no them.
(Please support Smart Ass Cripple and help us keep going. Just click below to contribute.)
https://www.paypal.me/smartasscripple?fbclid=IwAR2qrql-UFH19OepgeaCG4WmblyNylb27k2q8eYxXHH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment